Visa Information

Visa Information


If a student is planning to do a course of 12 weeks or less, they should apply for a tourist visa.


If they want to extend their visa after the course, they can, but they can NOT extend this visa for study purposes. However, they can extend it for tourist-only purposes for a second 3 months and sometimes further.


It is illegal to work on a tourist visa. However, voluntary work for non-profit organisations is permitted


Students should apply for a student visa if they are planning to study for 13 weeks or more.


This visa will allow students to work for a maximum of 20 hours per week. Please check with the Australian embassy nearest you whether students from your country are able to extend their student visa while they are in Sydney or not.


Students from certain countries can apply for this type of visa.


This is a 12-month visa, which permits a maximum of 17 weeks study during the 12 months. The other 9 months allows students to work, however, they can not work for more than 6 months with any one employer.


Please contact us for further information on visas.


Please check the DIBP website for more information as changes may have been made since the creation of this website, http://www.immi.gov.au