Delivered by professional and enthusiastic teachers, the General English course is a must-do for any student looking to improve their English skills in a relaxed and friendly environment. In this course you can practise all your skills with students from around the world and learn lots of useful vocabulary and expressions to use in everyday life.
This course allows you to develop the skills you need to succeed in the English-speaking world. Our teachers use a range of dynamic activities to motivate you to learn and bring the skills to life.The functional language taught in these classes will make adjusting to life in Sydney much more comfortable.
Six levels from Beginner to Advanced
- Beginner – This is your first experience of studying English.
- Elementary – You can take part in basic conversations, read simple texts, fill in forms and write simple paragraphs.
- Pre-Intermediate – You can take part in social conversations, read basic texts and write short letters.
- Intermediate – You can talk on a wide range of topics, read letters and newspapers and write personal and business letters.
- Upper Intermediate – You can talk on a wide range of topics, understand TV and news broadcasts, read a variety of texts and write clearly for various purposes.
- Advanced – You can listen accurately, speak fluently, read newspapers and literature and write appropriately for a range of purposes.
In this course you can practise your grammar, listening, reading, writing and speaking with students from every corner of the world. What’s more, you will learn lots of useful vocabulary and expressions about everything from functional daily English to common Australian English idioms.
The Focus Program aims to provide tailored practice to develop the skills you need to succeed in the English-speaking world. Each week during a 4-week term, you will focus on a different area: Spoken Communication, Reading and Listening, Power Vocabulary and Written Expression. Our teachers use a range of dynamic activities to motivate you to learn and bring the skills to life.
The functional language taught in these classes will make adjusting to life in Sydney much more comfortable and give you plenty to talk about back home too! These classes extend your use of the language learned in your Core classes and give you the extra time you need to focus on a specific skill, so that by the end of your course you will have built a solid base in all areas.